Under 16’s Hit Ayr For Six

Rangers 6 Ayr United 0

Rangers Under 16’s were in control from start to finish in tonight’s game against Ayr United at The Rangers Training Centre tonight with keeper Colbi McQuarrie a virtual spectator. The margin at the break was only a single goal but Rangers added the goals their play merited in the second half.

Rangers opened the scoring in the opening minute from the penalty spot, Lewis Stewart was tripped inside the box for a clear penalty which was converted by Chris Eadie. When play was switched from right to left a great first touch from Lewis Stewart inside the left side of the box it setup a shooting chance which ended just wide of the far post. 

On the quarter hour mark a slack defensive pass across the edge of the Ayr box presented the ball to Lewis Stewart, his shot beat the keeper but rebounded off his right hand post. Rangers next chance came when Chris Eadie won possession on the right hand angle of the box, he moved the ball on to Lancelot Pollard who passed inside to Lewis Stewart who’s shot forced the keeper to dive to his right to save.

Ayr stemmed the flow of Rangers chances for a while then with five minutes left of the half a superb double save from their keeper kept the Rangers lead at a single goal. Lewis Stewart played in Chris Eadie on the left side of the box with the keeper standing up to parry the shot, when the rebound landed at the feet of Grant Leitch his shot looked netbound until the keeper dived high to his left to turn the ball away.

Half-Time:- Rangers 1 Ayr United 0

Rangers doubled their lead with a goal in the opening minute of the second half, Lewis Stewart attacked the left side of the penalty area and passed inside to Chris Eadie who was crowded out by defenders but when the ball was cleared it saw Callum Adamson strike past the keeper from around twenty-five yards and right of centre. Rangers came close a couple of minutes later Connor Campbell providing the pass for Josh Gentles to break into the left side of the box with the keeper saving at his near post.

A third Rangers goal wasn’t far away and it came on fifty-five minutes, Harry Weir providing the pass that sent Chris Eadie down the right where he cut into the penalty area and shot across the keeper into the net. Number four soon followed when a superb Harry Weir pass from the right picked out Cammy Scott inside the box and he knocked the ball past the keeper.

With the game at the midpoint of the half Rangers added a fifth, Connor Campbell played a ball over the Ayr defence and it was pounced on by Chris Eadie who turned inside a defender before slotting past the keeper. Only a further three minutes had elapsed when Rangers scored again, a through ball sent Josh Gentles race through the inside right channel into the box to shoot past the keeper.

Rangers final chance came with seven minutes remaining, a good passing move ended with Callum Adamson in possession on the right hand byline from where he picked out Chris Eadie who shot straight at the keeper from the edge at the box.

Full-Time:- Rangers 6 Ayr United 0

Rangers:- Colbi McQuarrie; Callum Adamson, Kenzie McClelland, Cammy Scott, Connor Campbell; Grant Leitch; Grant Marchant (Harry Weir HT), Lyle Wark (Josh Gentles HT); Lancelot Pollard (Aiden McCallion 70 mins), Chris Eadie, Lewis Stewart.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: