17’s Win At Ralston

St.Mirren 2 Rangers 4

Rangers Under 17’s kept up their league challenge with a comfortable win against St.Mirren at Ralston tonight. They were pretty much in control over the ninety minutes although they did concede a goal in the last-minute of each half.

Rangers came close just before the quarter-hour mark, from a free-kick just right of centre, Kai Kennedy curled the ball over the defensive wall but the ball rebounded of the keeper’s left hand post. Two minutes later Matty Yates sent James Maxwell racing into the right side of the penalty area he cut inside a defender but Kyle Millar dived to his right to parry.

A minute later Kai Kennedy was tripped as he worked his way along the left hand byline with Ciaran Dickson stepping up to covert from the spot. Ciaran Dickson turned provider on twenty-seven minutes playing in Kai Kennedy on the left side of the box with Kyle Millar saving at the near post. On the half-hour mark Jay Mack combined with Ciaran Dickson on the right and from the latter’s cross Matty Yates volleyed narrowly over.

On the stroke of half-time the home side equalised with their only real attack of the half, Ross McFarlane knocked the ball forward for Matty McLevy to break into the box and shoot past Lewis Budinauckas.

Half-Time:- St.Mirren 1 Rangers 1

Rangers regained the lead straight from the kick off after the break, Ben Williamson played the ball out to James Maxwell wide on the right, he went past Lewis Ebbs before passing to Ciaran Dickson who shot across the keeper into the far corner. A couple of minutes shy of the hour mark Jay Mack knocked the ball into the penalty area just on the right hand angle and Matty Yates volleyed into the far top corner.

Rangers fourth goal came midway through the half, when Matty Yates was fouled  just outside the box and left of centre Kai Kennedy curled the ball over the wall and just inside the near post. Saints tried to respond when Aiden McAvoy cut in from the left and forced a save from Lewis Budinauckas at the near post.

The home side had another chance when the play was switched to Alex McCaw breaking into the right side of the penalty area with Lewis Budinauckas again making the near post save. Rangers were soon back on the attack and Zac Butterworth combined with Ben Williamson to set up a shooting chance for Kai Kennedy which Kyle Millar dived to his left to save.

With a minute left on the clock Fin Grey broke into the right side of the box, Lewis Budinauckas got down to his right to make a fine save but Lewis Jamieson forced the ball over the line from close range.

Full-Time:- St.Mirren 2 Rangers 4

St.Mirren:- Kyle Millar; Ben Cameron, Marc Ross (Liam McMenemay 66 mins), Drew Marshall, Lewis Ebbs (Lewis Jamieson 66 mins); Carter Frew (Euan Rodger 84 mins); Alex McCaw, Fin Grey, Aiden McAvoy; Matty McLevy; Ross McFarlane.

Not Used:- Danny Baker

Rangers:- Lewis Budinauckas; Jay Mack (Zac Butterworth 76 mins), Danny Finlayson, Kyle McLelland, Nathan Patterson; Ben Williamson (Leon King 84 mins); Murray Miller (Harris O’Connor 63 mins); Ciaran Dickson; James Maxwell, Matty Yates, Kai Kennedy (Aaron Lyall 84 mins).

Not Used:- Jay Hogarth (Gk)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: