“16’s” Edge Past Forth Valley

Rangers 4 Forth Valley 2

Rangers edged out Forth Valley in tonight’s informal U16 league clash at Auchenhowie. It is nominally U16 fixtures but the age is not really adhered too and Rangers fielded four U17’s in the starting line up to give them game time.

It was the visitors ho threatened first on eleven minutes with an attack into the left side of the box with Lewis Budinauckas getting down to his left to save. A minute later forth valley took the lead, again the attack came on the left and when the ball was played into the box their striker laid it back for his colleague to fire past Lewis Budinauckas.

Midway through the half Forth Valley came close when a free-kick from the right was played into the box and a flicked header came back of Lewis Budinauckas right hand post. Rangers equalised with their first real chance on twenty-seven minutes, Ben Williamson’s superb thirty yard strike came back off the keeper’s right hand post and Matty Yates was on hand to fire the rebound into the net.

Forth Valley were back in front within two minutes, when the ball was played into the left hand angle of the box a superb turn by the striker took him clear of the defence to shoot past Lewis Budinauckas. Nine minutes before the break Kai Kennedy chased a ball into the left side of the penalty area, the keeper came out save bravely at his feet, the ball went to Matty Yates outside the left side of the penalty area and from his cross Kai Kennedy’s flick bounced on the top of the bar and over.

Half-Time:- Rangers 1 Forth Valley 2

Rangers drew level as the hour mark approached, Darren Watterson sent Own McGinty through the inside left channel, with two attackers on one defender he passed inside to Matty Yates who continued into the box and shoot past the keeper. Midway through the half Ben Williamson broke forward into the right side of the box but shot narrowly wide of the far post.

Five minutes later there was a scramble inside the Forth Valley penalty area and when the ball fell to Owen McGinty a great spin made the space for him to fire the ball into the net. The visitors had a great chance to draw level with ten minutes remaining, the attack came through the centre and played to a player in space inside the left side of the box but he shot straight at Jay Hogarth.

Rangers finished the game with three chances in the last four minutes. From a free-kick wide of the left side of the box Kieran McKechnie’s effort had the keeper stretching to tip over. Matty Yates then broke from the halfway line to play in Kieran McKechnie inside the left side of the penalty area and he forced a save from the keeper low to his left. In injury time the final chance produced a goal, Ryan Muir chased the ball to the right hand byline and fired in a low cross that Gregor Woods converted at close range.

Full-Time:- Rangers 4 Forth Valley 2

Rangers:- Lewis Budinauckas; Ryan Muir, Ally Monro, Harris O’Connor, Euan Deveney; Ben Williamson; Gregor Woods, Ross Young; Kieran McKechnie, Matty Yates, Kai Kennedy.

Subs All Used:- Jay Hogarth (Gk), Owen McGinty, Darren Watterson, Aiden Berry.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: