Development Squad Hit Eight

Gala Fairydean Rovers 1 Rangers 8

Rangers Development Squad travelled down to the borders on Friday night for a pre-season friendly against Gala Fairydean Rovers. There has been recent close links between the clubs with Kieran Wright, Lewis White and Jason Krones spending some time on loan at Netherdale last season.

Rangers had a great chance to take the lead on thirteen minutes, from Ryan Hardie’s through ball Cammy Palmer was brought down as he rounded keeper Mark Walters. Ryan Hardie stepped up to take the spot-kick but the keeper redeemed himself diving to his right to parry and was quickly on his feet to block the rebound before the ball was cleared for a corner. From Jordan Thompson’s corner on the right Mark Walters failed to gather and when the ball dropped Matthew Shiels volleyed into the net.

Rangers second goal came on twenty minutes, Serge Atakatyi went past Scott Main to hit the right hand byline and his low cross was converted at close range by Ryan Hardie. The home side came close at the midpoint of the half when Kieran Ainslie rose to meet Danny Pattenden’s corner from the right but the ball bounced of the face of the crossbar.

Within a couple of minutes Aidan Wilson played a ball over the Gala defence to send Ryan Hardie clear but Mark Walters was quick from his line to make the block. Just before the half-hour mark Myles Beerman and Cammy Palmer combined on the left to play the ball to Matthew Shiels inside the box, a great turn took him clear of a defender and his shot beat Mark Walters but Scott Main got back to clear from the goal line.

Gala threatened ten minutes before the break when Marc Berry cut in from the left hand angle of the box to force Kieran Wright into a save. Within minutes Rangers grabbed a third, Jordan Thompson’s cross from the left was headed back across goal by Lewis Mayo and Matthew Shiels headed past the keeper. Five minutes before the break Danny Pattenden tried to catch out Kieran Wright with a quickly taken twenty-five yard free-kick that the Rangers keeper saved comfortably.

Half-Time:- Gala Fairydean Rovers 0 Rangers 3

There was only three minutes of the second half on the clock when Rangers scored a fourth, from Grant Nelson’s through ball Matthew Shiels was denied by Mark Walters when he tried to prod the ball past the keeper, he was also up to block Andy Dallas’s effort from the rebound but was helpless as Ryan Hardie converted the third attempt. The home side immediately responded by grabbing a goal back, Stuart Noble was brought down as he took on Lewis Mayo on the right side of the box and Darren Smith stepped up to convert from the spot.

Just after the hour mark a superb Jamie Barjonas pass sent Matthew Shiels through the inside left channel and he continued into the box to calmly slot the ball past Mark Walters to complete his hat-trick. Barely three minutes later when Jamie Barjonas’s corner from the left was head to the edge of the box Grant Nelson’s stunning volley was touched on to the underside of the bar by Mark Walters.

As the midpoint of the half approached Andy Dallas attacked on the right with the ball flashing across the face of goal andMat Zata just failing to reach it. Within in a minute Mati Zata played the ball into the box from the left and Ryan Hardie’s shot was deflected on to Mark Walters’s left hand post.

With fifteen minutes remaining Rangers scored a six, the move was started by Michael Hewitt on the right when he played the ball forward to Grant Nelson who fed Andy Dallas inside the box to shoot past Mark Walters. Number seven soon followed with Matthew Shiels providing the pass for Andy Dallas to round Mark Walters and roll the ball into the net.

The home side never gave up and when the ball from the left found Stuart Noble at the back post he went past Scott Gray before being denied by Aidan McAdams who blocked with his legs. Rangers were soon back on attack with Scott Gray and Izzak Ahmed combing on the left to feed Ryan Hardie who’s shot was deflected on to Mark Walter’s right hand post. The scoring was completed with five minutes remaining, Andy Dallas providing the pass for Ryan Hardie to become the second Rangers player to score a hat-trick with a cool lob over the advancing Mark Walters.

Full-Time:- Gala Fairydean Rovers 1 Rangers 8

Gala Fairydean Rovers:- Mark Walters; Lee Stephen, Kieran Ainslie (Robert Noble 71 mins)  George Windram (Lewis Swaney 55 mins), Scott Main; David Brown ((Craig Heugh 68 mins) Callum Riddell 86 mins), David Bonnar, Danny Pattenden (Gavin Brown 50 mins), Marc Berry; Darren Smith; Stuart Noble.

Not Used:- Sean Paliczka, Ross Aitchison.

Rangers:- Kieran Wright (Aidan McAdams HT); Danny Finlayson, Aidan Wilson (Michael Hewitt 58 mins), Lewis Mayo, Myles Beerman (Scott Gray 58 mins); Cammy Palmer (Grant Nelson HT); Jamie Barjonas (Izzak Ahmed 67 mins), Jordan Thompson (Mati Zata 55 mins); Serge Atakayi (Andy Dallas HT), Ryan Hardie, Matthew Shiels.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: