20’s Share Six Goals With Pars

Rangers 3 Dunfermline Athletic 3

Rangers Development side shared six goals with Dunfermline at Murray Park this afternoon. With several players on International duty at Under 19’s and Under 17’s there was quite a few changes from recent lineups.

Rangers created the first real opportunity after thirteen minutes when Kyle Bradley picked out Billy Gilmour inside the penalty area but his shot was straight at Cammy Gill who made the save. Less than five minutes later only a brilliant double save prevented Rangers from taking the lead. A Billy Gilmour pass sent Serge Atakayi breaking into the right side of the box where Josh Jeffries took over and forced a save from Cammy Gill, Serge Atakayi looked certain to net the rebound but some how the keeper reacted to turn the ball  wide of the far post.

Rangers early enterprise was rewarded midway through the half, some neat interplay involving Josh Jeffries, Billy Gilmour and Amin Abaradan resulted in the later breaking into the centre of the box where he beat Cammy Gill with a composed finish. A couple of minutes after the half hour the visitors were level, when a low cross came into the penalty area from the left the Rangers defence failed to clear and Robbie Crawford laid the ball back to Lewis Spence who netted from around the penalty spot.

Fives minutes later Lewis Spence, Reece Duncan and Brandon Luke combined down the left to send the latter to the byline from his cross to the back post Kieran Wright managed to keep out Robbie Crawford’s close range header. Rangers got back in front three minutes before the break, Scott Gray stretched to keep the play alive on the left and knock the ball on to Serge Atakayi he left a defender for dead with a fantastic piece of skill and beat Cammy Gill from close to the byline.

Half-Time:- Rangers 2 Dunfermline Athletic 1

Early Dunfermline pressure after the break lead to a series of corners and five minutes in a dangerous cross from the left was headed clear by Jason Krones but only as far as Stuart Morrison whose volley found the net via the underside of the crossbar. A further five minutes had elapsed when the ball was worked wide to Ryan Williamson on the right and from his low cross Robbie Crawford netted from close range.

With the final twenty minutes approaching Jamie Barjonas passed to Billy Gilmour on the right from his cross Rhys Breen rose at the back post but his header was blocked by a defender. Rangers got back on level terms with nine minutes remaining, Scott Gray switched the ball from left to right where Billy Gilmour rose to flick the ball onto Serge Atakayi who hit the byline before picking out Andy Dallas to score from the edge of the six yard box. Rangers charge for a winner never really materialised and it was the visitors that had the late shooting opportunities without testing Kieran Wright.

Full-Time:- Rangers 3 Dunfemline Athletic 3

Rangers :- Kieran Wright; Kyle Bradley, Jason Krones, Aidan Wilson (Rhys Breen HT), Scott Gray; Max Ashmore; Jamie Barjonas, Billy Gilmour; Josh Jeffries (Jordan Gibson 66 mins), Amin Abaradan (Andy Dallas 66 mins), Serge Atakayi.

Not Used:- Robbie McCrorie (Gk), Stephen Kelly, Jack Adamson, Cammy Palmer.

Dunfermline Ath:- Cammy Gill; Ryan Williamson (Paul Allan 63 mins), Callum Fordyce, Stuart Morrison, Reece Duncan; Johnny Galloway; Robbie Crawford, Evan Horne, Lewis Spence (Matthew Todd 85 mins), Brandon Luke; Connor Duthie.

Not Used:- Josh Robertson.

Rangers 1 Celtic 1

On Tuesday evening Rangers took on Celtic in an Under 16’s Development game at Murray Park. With the game all square after ninety minutes and the convention in these games is to finish with a penalty shoot out which Celtic won 5-3.

It was the young Rangers side that too an early lead on twelve minutes, Kieran McKechnie playing a short corner to Josh McPake, his stepover made space for the shot as he broke onto the left side of the penalty area which he curled beyond Joshua Rae into the far corner of the net. It was from another corner where Rangers came close to doubling their lead, Kieran McKechnie delivered from the right and Danny Finlayson’s header was only just wide of the far post.

With ten minutes of the half remaining Celtic drew level, a free kick from wide right and close to the halfway line was sent into the Rangers box where Kieran McGrath’s looping header went over Nicky Hogarth and into the net.

Half-Time:- Rangers 1 Celtic 1

Celtic created a chance early in the second half, from the shot from the left hand angle of the box Nicky Hogarth dived to his left to touch the ball onto the post and reacted to gather the rebound before the in rushing forward. Just after the hour mark another Celtic attack created a shooting opportunity from the edge of the box that Nicky Hogarth got down to hold.

Owen McGinty’s through ball on sixty-five minutes sent Dapo Mebude chasing as Joshua Rae advanced from his box, the striker lobbed the ball over the keeper but wide of his left hand post.

Full-Time:- Rangers 1 Celtic 1

Rangers Squad:- Nicky Hogarth, Nathan Patterson, Michael Hewitt, Ben Williamson, Danny Finlayson, Jay Mack, Zac Butterworth, Josh McPake, Trialist N0.9, Izzak Ahmed, Kieran McKechnie, Lewis McGrattan, Owen McGinty, Dapo Mebude, Gregor Woods, Jamie Walker, Aiden Gibb.

Celtic:- Joshua Rae; Liam Houston, Paul Kennedy, Elie N’Goy, Michael McLaughlin, Kristy Marku, Kieran McGrath, Scott Robertson, Connor Farrely, Barry Coffey, Andy Kerr, Josh Jack, Chris McQueen, Dylan Forrest, Brody Paterson, Leon Chiwara, Dave McKay.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: