15’s Hit Thistle For Seven

Rangers 7 Partick Thistle 0

A great second-half performance saw Rangers Under 15’s run away from Thistle in this afternoon’s development match at Murray Park. Thistle performed well in the first half to restrict Rangers to a single goal, but Rangers emphasised their superiority after the break.

Rangers came close in the opening minute, Jordan Critchley laid the ball back to Zac Butterworth and his shot from distance was tipped over. As the midway point in the half approached Rangers took the lead, Jordan Critchley passed inside the right-back to release Dapo Mebude breaking into the left side of the box, the keeper came from his line to block his initial shot but the striker followed up to net the rebound.

With twenty minutes of the half remaining Billy Gilmour played a ball over the top of the Thistle defence to release Jordan Critchley, as the keeper advanced he lobbed the ball over his head but over the crossbar. Just before the hour Danny Finlayson played the ball forward to Zac Butterworth who passed inside the left-back to send Nathan Patterson towards the byline, his cross found its way to Dapo Mebude beyond the back post with the keeper saving low to his left.

Four minutes before the break Billy Gilmour worked along the edge of the box from right to left before laying the ball back to Danny Finlayson who’s long range shot was tipped over. Right on half time Rangers worked a short corner from the left, the keeper got down to his left to get a touch on Billy Gilmour’s shot and Danny Finlayson couldn’t quite knock the ball over the line at the far post.

Half-Time:- Rangers 1 Partick Thistle 0

It took Rangers barely two minutes of the second half to double their lead, Danny Finlayson’s long pass picked out Jordan Critchley inside the box and he shot past the keeper. Ten minutes later Billy Gilmour passed inside to Nathan Patterson from the left, he picked out Jordan Critchley inside the box who grabbed his second.

Rangers fourth came within a minute, Josh McPake’s pass releasing Dapo Mebude inside the penalty area and he fired the ball past the keeper. Midway through the half Rangers scored a superb fifth, a great touch from Nathan Patterson allowed him to send Danny Finlayson clear on the right and when his cross came into the box Kieran McKechnie volley past the keeper.

Rangers next chance came when Dapo Mebude and Billy Gilmour combined on the right side of the box for the latter to get in a shot that the keeper blocked with his legs. Thistle eventually called Nicky Hogarth into action in the seventy-second minute, the attack came on the left side of the box and the Rangers keeper made the block with his legs.

Rangers responded by scoring a sixth, Josh McPake in possession on the left side of the box played the ball to Billy Gilmour who dribbled past two defenders inside the six yard box before knocking the ball into the net. Rangers seventh goal soon followed, Kieran McKechnie’s shot from inside the left side of the penalty area was parried by the keeper diving to his left  but Danny Finlayson was well placed to nod the rebound into the net.

A Billy Gilmour solo run from halfway took him past two defenders and into the box but on this occasion the keeper made a fine save low to his right.

Full-Time:-Rangers 7 Partick Thistle 0

Rangers Squad:- Nicky Hogarth (Gk), Nathan Patterson, Andy Rodden, Ross Young, Aiden Gibb, Danny Finlayson, Dapo Mebude, Billy Gilmour, Jordan Critchley, Lewis McGrattan, Zac Butterworth, Jamie Walker, Ben Williamson, Josh McPake, Kieran McKechnie, Jay Mack.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: