First Half Goals Secure The Points

Rangers 2 Forth Valley 0

Two first half goals was enough to secure the points in tonight’s Under 17 game against Forth Valley at Murray Park. With some 17’s players on duty with the under 20’s there was only one change in the team that played Ayr United at the weekend, Cammy Palmer coming in for Mati Zata.

It didn’t take the young Rangers side long to take the lead, making the breakthrough after only four minutes. Kieran Balfour played the ball up to Zak Rudden on the edge of the penalty area and his flick picked up Cammy Palmer’s run into the box and he slotted the ball past the keeper. Rangers were forced into a change on nineteen minutes when Jack Adamson had to be replaced by Premyslaw Dachnowicz.

Rangers doubled their lead eleven minutes before the break, Stephen Kelly switched the ball to Zak Rudden wide on the right and when he hit the byline and squared the ball into the box, Stephen Kelly had made up the ground and was in the penalty area to slam the ball home. Five minutes later Andy Dallas attacked the centre of the box before passing to Zak Rudden inside the right side of the penalty area and he was denied by a fine save from the keeper low to his right.

Half-Time:- Rangers 2 Forth Valley 0

After a first period with virtually nothing to do Kieran Wright was called into action two minutes after the break, diving high to his left to push away a shot from outside the right side of the penalty area. Rangers were soon back on the attack and five minutes later Zak Rudden’s free-kick from just outside the box was only just wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

When Zak Rudden robbed a defender on the edge of the penalty area a goal looked likely until the keeper dived low to his left to turn his shot wide of his post. With sixty seconds the visitor’s keeper was in action again, this time tipping over a Matthew Shiels free-kick from just outside the right hand angle of the box.

Rangers were pushing for a third goal and the next opportunity came when Lewis Mayo broke from defence before playing in Andy Dallas on the left side of the penalty area and he forced the keeper to save at his near post. After another enforced change, with Aidan Wilson replacing Jordan Houston, Stephen Kelly’s pass released Mattew Shiels inside the right side of the box but he shot across goal and wide of the far post.

After a lull in goalmouth opportunities Rangers came close with five minutes remaining, Carlo Pignatiello passed inside the left-back to pick out Premyslaw Dachnowicz and his shot forced the keeper to tip over.

Full-Time:- Rangers 2 Forth Valley 0

Rangers:- Kieran Wright; Jordan Houston (Aidan Wilson 59 mins), Jack Thomson, Scott Gray; Kieran Balfour; Cammy Palmer (Matthew Shiels HT), Stephen Kelly; Andy Dallas (Rhys Breen 76 mins), Zak Rudden (Carlo Pignatiello 70 mins), Jack Adamson (Premyslaw Dachnowicz 19 mins).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: