Comfortable Win For 14’s

Rangers 6 Dundee United 1

Tonight was an opportunity to take in a game involving one of the younger teams with the Under 14’s taking on Dundee United at Murray Park. Rangers squad included four trialists, two from Scotland and two from Northern Ireland.

Rangers took the lead on seven minutes, Matty Yates pass inside the United left-back released Simon Millar to continue into the box and shoot past the keeper. The lead was doubled less than ten minutes later when the two Northern Ireland trialists combined to good effect. When a cross came in from the left Chris McKee headed the ball towards goal and Ben Wylie just beat the visitor’s keeper to the ball to nod into the net.

In the final minute of the period Dundee United threatened the Rangers goal from a free-kick just outside the Rangers penalty area that Jay Hogarth got down low to his right to save at his post. Only two minutes of the second period had elapsed when Rangers increased their lead, Callum Biggar sent Simon Millar down the right and he out paced the full-back before crossing low into the box and Chris McKee converted from just outside the six yard box.

Less than five minutes later Chris McKee was sent clear on a Ben Wylie pass but on this occasion he shot straight at the keeper. Rangers came close as the midway point of the period approached, Euan Deveney advanced down the left before feeding Matty Yates, his cross found Simon Millar arriving at the back post and he was unlucky to see his volley bounce clear off the keeper’s right hand post.

A fourth goal soon followed with Matty Yates dispossessing a defender twenty-five yards from the United goal and he looked up to see the keeper off his line an lobbed the ball over his head and into the net. The visitors managed to pull a goal back in the final period, the attack came down the left  and when the ball was played inside the shot just beat Jay Hogarth who couldn’t quite keep the ball out.

Rangers put a bit of gloss on the scoreline by adding a couple of goals before the final whistle. The first came from a free-kick just outside the left hand angle of the box and Ciaran Dickson gave the keeper no chance finding the top corner with his shot. The scoring was completed when Tom Henderson showed some neat footwork to play in Aaron Bryson who slotted the ball past the keeper.

Full-Time:- Rangers 6 Dundee United 1

Rangers Squad:- Jay Hogarth (Gk), Callum Biggar, Euan Deveney, Ciaran Dickson, Ally Munro, Kyle McClelland, Simon Millar, Kai Kennedy, Chris McKee, Ben Wylie, Matty Yates, Jack ?????, Aaron Bryson, Scott ?????, Ryan Muir, Tom Henderson, Blair Rossiter.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: