Youths Double Header Against Hibs

Staggered kick-offs meant I was able to take in both the Under 15’s and Under 17’s fixtures at Murray Park today. Rangers 15’s edged out Hibs by the odd goal in seven in the morning while the 17’s win in the afternoon was bit more comfortable.

Rangers 4 Hibernian 3

Hibernian took an early lead after three minutes, good wing play on the left created the chance and when the ball was crossed to the back post it found an attacker arriving late to shoot past Nicky Hogarth. On twenty minutes another attack down the left found the full-back overlapping towards the byline, the cross was met at the near post and it took a fine save from Nicky Hogarth at close range to keep the ball out.

Rangers capitalised on their keeper’s save by immediately equalising, Keiran McKechnie cutting in from the right and giving the keeper no chance with a shot across him and into the far top corner. Just before the half-hour Rangers took the lead, Andy Rodden out on the left picked out Dapo Mebude’s run into the box and a great first touch allowed him to go past the keeper and knock the ball into the net.

Five minutes before the break Rangers increased their lead, Keiran McKechnie cut in from the right and passed to Zac Butterworth on the left hand angle of the box, he moved the ball back inside for Josh McPake to shoot past the keeper from the edge of the box. A fourth goal came three minutes later from Nathan Patterson’s throw-in, Josh McPake exchanged passes with Dapo Mebude to hit the byline on the right and knock the ball across goal for Billy Gilmour to net from close range.

Four minutes before the break Hibs attacked through the centre and when the shot came in it struck the arm of Danny Finlayson and the referee pointed to the spot which was duly converted.

Half-Time:- Rangers 4 Hibernian 2

Just like the first-half Hibs struck early finding the net in the third minute, an attack through the middle sent their striker through one-on-one and he prodded the ball past Brian Kinnear. Rangers first chance of the half came just before the hour, Dapo Mebude attacked down the right and passed inside to Josh McPake who played in Zac Butterworth with the keeper advancing from his line to block.

As the final quarter-hour approached Dapo Mebude broke down the right his cross broke to Keiran McKechnie, his shot beat the keeper but was cleared off the line by a defender. Hibs replied with an attack that took them deep inside the left side of the Rangers penalty area and it took a good save from Brian Kinnear to keep the lead intact.

Full-Time:- Rangers 4 Hibernian 3

Rangers:- Nicky Hogarth (Gk), Brian Kinnear (Gk), Nathan Patterson, Andy Rodden, Ross Young, Danny Finlayson, Aiden Gibb, Kieran McKechnie, Billy Gilmour, Dapo Mebude, Josh McPake, Zac Butterworth, Niyah Joseph, Ben Wiliamson, No. 15.

Rangers 3 Hibernian 1

After a quick trip down to visit my Da and it was back to Murray Park for the afternoon’s 17’s game, I didn’t have to wait long for a goal. Lewis Mayo’s superb pass sent Andy Dallas clear down the left, he advanced into the penalty area before unselfishly rolling the ball across goal for Zak Rudden to knock the ball into the net. Just before the half-hour Liam Burt sent Zak Rudden clear through the inside right channel but a heavy touch allowed the keeper to come out and save bravely at the striker’s feet.

On the half-hour mark Rangers doubled their lead, Jamie Barjonas and Andy Dallas worked a short corner on the left, the former beat a defender before driving the ball across goal for Zak Rudden to net from close range. Ten minutes before the break Kyle Bradley advanced down the left before passing inside to Jamie Barjonas his shot took a deflection with the Hibs keeper just managing to save to his right with Grant Nelson waiting to pounce.

Just before half-time Zak Rudden made the byline on the right, his cross picked out Andy Dallas at the back post but he volleyed narrowly over.

Half-Time:- Rangers 2 Hibernian 0

Rangers increased their lead in the opening minute of the second-half, Liam Burt attacked inside the right side of the box where he was halted by a dangerous two footed challenge for a clear penalty, Jamie Barjonas stepped up to do an excellent job from the spot. Within in a couple of minutes Andy Dallas’s challenge on the edge of the box allowed the ball to break for Zak Rudden who’s shot was powerful but straight at the keeper.

The visitor’s got a break to get back into the game on fifty-six minutes, when a free-kick from wide right was sent into the Rangers box the referee adjudged there was a push by Jack Thomson and pointed to the spot, Keiran Wright being given no chance from the penalty. Hibernian came close to reducing the deficit to a single goal with eleven minutes remaining, their player cut in from the left before shooting from distance, with Keiran Wright beaten the ball rebounded from his right hand post.

Full-Time:- Rangers 3 Hibernian 1

Rangers:- Keiran Wright; Premyslaw Dachnowicz, Jack Thomson, Lewis Mayo, Kyle Bradley; Jamie Barjonas (Jason Krones 56mins); Liam Burt, Grant Nelson; Sam Jamieson (Keiran Balfour HT), Zak Rudden (Matthew Shiels 83mins), Andy Dallas (Stephen Kelly 71mins).

Not Used:- Lewis Muir (Gk).

Footnote:- Rangers 13’s won 5-0 away to Hibs, the goals coming from Reagan Aitken, Alex Lowry, Aaron Lyle, Matthew Henderson & Adam Devine.


One Response to “Youths Double Header Against Hibs”

  1. Tom Brown Says:

    Great work again mate.look forward to reading these.Zak Rudden seems the one to watch

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: