Strong Side Loses At Falkirk

Falkirk 2 Rangers 0

A strong Rangers side went down at Falkirk Stadium in the Development League tonight, Rangers had the better of the first half and missed a few chances before falling behind seven minutes before the break. The home side dominated the second-half doubling their lead on the hour and running out comfortable winners with Rangers failing to muster a serious effort on goal in the second period.

In the opening minute Darren Ramsay’s free-kick from midway inside the Falkirk half and left of centre was missed by all outfield players and Graham Bowman had to dive  to prevent the ball sneaking in at his left hand post. Two minutes later Kyle Hutton won possession and his pass released Ryan Hardie inside the left side of the penalty area but Graham Bowman was up to his effort diving to his right to turn the ball wide.

Midway through the half a long ball left an offside looking Ryan Hardie in the clear, he advanced into the box but shot across goal and wide of the far post. With minutes it was home striker Scott Shepherd that looked offside and he broke into the right side of the box but he could only find the side netting with his shot.

Just after the half hour David Templeton broke forward before playing in Danny Stoney on the left side of the box, but his shot was straight at Graham Bowman who saved comfortably. Within sixty seconds a slip in the Falkirk defence presented the ball to Ryan Hardie who teed up Darren Ramsay on the edge of the box, again the effort was straight at keeper Graham Bowman.

Seven minutes before the break an exchange of passes between Robbie McNab and Thomas Grant setup a chance for Kevin O’Hara that Lee Robinson saved low to his left. When the resultant corner was cleared from the box it went as far as Liam Rowan wide on the right and his cross found the unmarked Liam Dick to head past Lee Robinson.

Half-Time:- Falkirk 1 Rangers 0

Rangers made three substitutions at half-time with Scot Whiteside, Junior Ogen and Scott Roberts replacing Ryan Sinnamon, Kyle Hutton and David Templeton. Falkirk were having the better of the opening exchanges and doubled their lead on the hour, Alex Cooper cut in from the right touchline to the angle of the box and sent an unstoppable left foot shot past Lee Robinson and into the net at the far post. Rangers then had to see out the remainder of the game with ten men when Junior Ogen had to leave the field injured a couple of minutes later.

The home side were now in total control and were passing the ball well with Rangers rarely in possession and also rarely out of their own half. The closest Falkirk came to increasing  their lead came seven minutes before the end, Robbie McNab laying the ball back into the path of David Smith who forced a save from Lee Robinson.

Falkirk 2 Rangers 0

Falkirk:- Graham Bowman; Liam Rowan (Mark Finlayson 79mins), Cameron Eadie, Alan Maybury, Liam Dick; David Smith, Robbie McNab, Thomas Grant, Alex Cooper (Tony Gallagher 79mins); Scott Shepherd, Kevon O’Hara (Chris Snedden 82mins).

Not Used:- Michael Fairbanks (Gk), Connor Hogg, Marcus Cather, Grant Hamilton.

Rangers:- Lee Robinson; Ryan Sinnamon (Scot Whiteside HT), Marius Zaliukas, Sebastien Faure, Ross McCrorie; Darren Ramsay, Kyle Hutton (Junior Ogen HT), Andy Murdoch, David Templton (Scott Roberts HT); Danny Stoney; Ryan Hardie.

Not Used:- Liam Kelly (Gk), Kris Gibson, David Browlie

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: