13’s Provide This Weekend’s Youth Football Fix

Rangers 13’s 3 Ayr United 14’s 1

With Saturday’s Glasgow Cup tie and the others youth fixtures scheduled for that day being called off, Sunday’s game at Murray Park between Rangers Under 13’s and Ayr United’s Under 14’s was the only game I could take in this weekend. It was a good test for the young Rangers side in a game that they were generally in control of and emerged worthy winners.

Rangers took an early lead with a goal originating from Kai Kennedy’s corner from the right, the ball eventually reached Euan Deveney at the back post, he drove the ball across goal where it was turned past the keeper by Harry Livesey from close range. The next chance came when a corner was cleared to the edge of the box, the ball eventually found its way to Ally Munro just outside the left side of the box and his shot was only just wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

Before the end of the period some good passing from Ayr United worked the ball to the right side of the box and a dangerous cross was sent into the area where Ally Munro cleared the danger by heading over his own crossbar. It was the visitor’s who threatened first at the beginning of the second period with an opportunity opening on the left hand side of the box but the shot was across goal and wide of the far post.

On Ayr’s next attack it took a brave Luke Scullion save  to prevent a goal, their attacker went past a couple of defenders and into the box with the Rangers keeper coming from his line to save at the Ayr player’s feet. Rangers capitalised by going to the other end and increasing their lead, Ryan ????? crossed into the box from the right, the ball was collected by Jason Campbell who turned to fire past the keeper.

The Rangers striker came close to a second  when he got on the end of Ally Munro’s run and cross from the right but his header slipped wide of the keeper’s right hand post. It was into the second half of the third period when Ayr pulled a goal back, Lewis Budinauckas clearance was headed back leaving the Ayr attacker to continue into the box and shoot past the advancing Rangers keeper. Rangers soon restored their two goal lead and completed the scoring, when a cross from the left was headed out it only went as far as Callum Biggar who beat the keeper from the edge of the penalty area.

Full-Time:- Rangers 3 Ayr United 1

Rangers Squad:- Luke Scullion (Gk), Lewis Budinauckas (Gk), Ally Munro, Euan Deveney, Gary Greig, Harry Livesey, Ciaran Dickson, Ryan Muir, Ryan Docherty, Jason Campbell, Kai Kennedy, Matt Yates, Callum Biggar, Steven Bradley, Kyle McClelland.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: