12’s Maintain Unbeaten Run

Rangers U12’s 4 Partick Thistle U13’s 3

Rangers Under 12’s remain unbeaten in their eleven-a-side games against older opponents, following a draw with Queen’s Park  they have recorded wins against Dumbarton, Ayr United, St.Johnstone and tonight against Partick Thistle at Murray Park. The young Rangers side took the lead on thirteen minutes, Robbie Fraser passed to Alex Lowrie on the left side of the penalty area and when he was challenged by a defender the ball broke for Aaron Lyall who held off a defender before shooting past the keeper. The visitors created a chance with an attack through the middle five minutes before the end of the period, Jay Hogarth was quick to advance from his line forcing the attacker to shoot over.

Two minutes later an Aaron Lyall pass sent Reegan Aitken through the inside right channel, his lob looked destined for the net until the keeper just got a touch to divert the ball wide of his left hand post. Rangers had an early chance at the start of the second period when Reegan Aitken sent the Trialist down the right, his pass inside found Aaron Lyall who’s shot could only find the side meeting.

As the period entered the final ten minutes Rangers scored a second, Matthew Collins won possession before passing to Robbie Fraser on the left and his pinpoint cross was headed past the keeper by Reegan Aitken. A minute later Matthew Henderson played the ball forward to Matthew Collins on the left, he passed inside to Aaron Lyall but on this occasion his shot was straight at the keeper.

Thistle pulled a goal back with a couple of minutes of the period remaining, the attack came down the right and when the cross came into the box the ball was headed past Jay Hogarth. The Jags barely had time to celebrate their goal when Rangers restored their two goal lead, Aaron Lyall robbed a defender of the edge of the box before rounding the keeper and rolling the ball into the empty net.

Rangers had the first chance of the final period when Reegan Aitken’s pass sent Aaron Lyall through but he dragged his shot wide of the keeper’s right hand post. A slack pass across Rangers eighteen yard box allowed Thistle to reduce the deficit four minutes later, with the Thistle player beating Jay Hogarth from inside the right side of the penalty area. The game then ended with a storming finish in the final couple of minutes, Thistle came close to an equaliser when a free-kick from just outside the right side of the box clipped Jay Hogarth’s crossbar on the way over.

At the other end Robbie Fraser’s inswinging corner from the right was knocked over the line by a Thistle defender for an Own Goal. Back to the other end and from a free-kick just outside the left side of the box Jay Hogarth just do enough to turn the ball wide of his left hand post. From the resultant corner a Thistle player rose to head the ball into the net and reduce Rangers lead again. But the final chance came at the other end, Lewis Robertson won the ball on the edge of the box and did well to poke the ball through to Alex Lowrie, his shot beat the keeper but rebounded from the crossbar.

Full-Time:- Rangers 4 Partick Thistle 3

Rangers Squad:- Jay Hogarth (Gk), Adam Devine, Liam Morrison, Ryan Stobbo, Matthew Henderson, Greg Chalmers, Reegan Aitken, Robbie Fraser, Trialist, Alex Lowrie, Aaron Lyall, Rhys Caves, Kai Kilpatrick, Matthew Collins, Lewis Robertson.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: