12’s Build Up Continues With Win Over Ayr

Rangers U12’s 5 Ayr United U13’s 1

Rangers Under 12 squad continued with their series of eleven-a-side games against older opponents with a convincing win over Ayr United’s Under 13’s at Murray Park tonight. It didn’t take the young Rangers side long to get off the mark, opening the scoring in the second minute. Robbie Fraser was the provider of the pass that released Aaron Lyall inside the left side of the penalty area and he shot across the keeper and into the net.

The second goal came ten minute later and the move was started with Adam Devine’s pass down the right-wing to Matthew Collins who cut inside past a defender as he made his way along the eighteen yard line, his run teed up Robbie Fraser for a shot from the edge of the box that beat the keeper. The visitors replied and reduced the deficit within two minutes, their attacker breaking through the centre and holding off a challenge before entering the box and shooting past Jay Hogarth.

Rangers almost restored their two goal lead immediately, when a corner from the right was headed up in the air by an Ayr defender Liam Morrison reacted quickest to head goalwards with the Ayr keeper diving to turn the ball wide of his right hand post. Ayr then came close to equalising just before the twenty-minute mark, good play on the right hand angle of the box and a great pass across the area opened up the chance but the shot was fired over.

Rangers responded immediately and when Aaron Lyall passed through the centre Lewis Robertson won the battle to hold off the bigger and stronger defender but he was denied by the keeper who raced from goal to block his shot. The young Rangers side came close in the opening minute of the second period, Adam Devine broke from defence and his pass released Robbie Fraser on the left side of the box but his shot went across goal and just wide of the far post.

Five minutes later Rangers extended their lead, Matthew Collins sent a free-kick into the penalty area and the ball eluded everyone’s attempt to get a touch and  found the net at the far post. Rangers upped the pressure as the period entered the final ten minutes, Ryan Stobb0 breaking forward in a run that took him past two defenders before he passed to Reegan Aitken on the edge of the box, his shot forcing the keeper to dive to his right to touch the ball wide.

In the next attack Reegan Aitken was forced wide and out the left side of the box by the keeper, he looked up and from a tight angle sent a superb chip over the keeper  towards the net but a defender was well placed to head clear from the goal line. The fourth goal came a couple of minutes before the period ended, Lorenzo Giovanazzi passed from defence to the Trialist who advanced down the left, he picked out Matthew Collins on the opposite side of the box and he shot back across the keeper into the far corner with a superb finish.

The final period started with an early goal but petered out as the period progressed, the goal came in the opening minute and was started by Ryan Stobbo’s pass to Reegan Aitken on the left side of the box, when he passed inside Alex Lowrie beat the keeper with a shot from the edge of the box.

Full-Time:- Rangers 5 Ayr United 1

Rangers Squad;- Jay Hogarth (Gk), Adam Devine, Matthew Henderson, Lorenzo Giovanazzi, Liam Morrison, Rhys Caves, Matthew Collins, Robbie Fraser, Aaron Lyall, Reegan Aitken, Lewis Robertson, Greg Chalmers, Kai Kilpatrick, Ryan Stobbo, Alex Lowrie, Trialist.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: