Youth Open Pre-Season With A Win

Rangers 5 Airdrie 2

Rangers Under 20’s opened their pre-season schedule with a win against Airdrie at Murray Park tonight. There was only three minutes on the clock when Darren Ramsay tested the keeper from a thirty yard free-kick with the keeper getting down to his left to turn the ball wide of the post. Two minutes later Rangers took the lead and it was a disaster for the Airdrie keeper, Dylan Dykes through ball was intercepted by a defender but his high bouncing pass back saw the keeper take a fresh air swipe and the ball bounced into the net for an Own Goal.

Just after the ten minute mark Adam Wilson laid the ball back to Kris Gibson on the left side of the penalty area and his shot on goal was only just wide of the keeper’s right hand post. The second goal was to come before the half was a quarter of an hour old, Ryan Hardie and Junior Ogen exchanged passes on the edge of Airdrie’s box to sent up a chance for Darren Ramsay from around the penalty spot, the keeper stood tall to parry but the ball broke to Danny Stoney on the right side of the box to fire into the net.

Airdrie had a chance a minute later following a mix up in the Rangers defence and only a superb Luca Gasparotto  challenge cleared the danger. A couple of minutes  before the half-hour Rangers increase their lead, a solo run from Junior Ogen took him past two defenders and the keeper, he seemed fluff his lines when he tried to knock the ball into the net but it broke to Dylan Dykes to net from close range.

The visitor’s tried to reply with an attack on the right side of Rangers penalty area and Robbie McCrorie was forced to dive high to his left to make the save. Just after the half-hour Ryan Sinnamon sent Danny Stoney towards the byline on the right, his cutback found Junior Ogen arriving at the edge of the box but his shot was narrowly wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

Eight minutes before the break Ryan Hardie passed to Junior Ogen on the left side of the box as he tried to go past a defender the ball broke back to Ryan Hardie in front of goal with the Airdrie blocking with his legs.

Half-Time:- Rangers 3 Airdrie 0

Airdire were first to threaten after the break with an attack down the left, when the cross came in the header flashed wide of Robbie McCrorie’s right hand post. Ten minutes into the half Rangers scored again, Dylan Dykes sent Ryan Sinnamon clear on the right and from his low driven cross a defender diverted the ball past his own keeper for an Own Goal.

Midway through the half Rangers grabbed a fifth, Junior Ogen got to the byline on the left and from his cutback Ryan Hardie took his time to pick his spot in the net. As the game entered the final fifteen minutes Airdrie attacked on the right with Robbie McCrorie getting down to his left to make the save.

The visitor’s kept plugging away and grabbed two goals in as many minutes to reduce the deficit. An exchange of passes opened up the centre of Rangers defence allowing the striker to advance into the box and slot the ball past Lewis McMinn. Barely sixty seconds later from another attack on the right side of Rangers penalty area Lewis McMinn got down to his right to save the initial shot but the ball was bundled into the net from close range.

Full-Time:- Rangers 5 Airdrie 2

Rangers:- Robbie McCrorie (Lewis McMinn 79mins), Ryan Sinnamon (Ross McCrorie 67mins), Craig Halkett, Luca Gasparotto, Kris Gibson; Danny Stoney (Kyle Clark 79mins), Darren Ramsay (Max Ashmore 67mins), Dylan Dykes, Adam Wilson (David Brownlie HT); Ryan Hardie (Kyle McAusland 67mins), Junior Ogen (Jamie Brandon 67mins).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: