Rangers Prepare For Germany With A Win

Rangers 4 Queen’s Park 2

Rangers Under 12’s completed their preparations for the upcoming trip to a tournament in Germany with a win against Queen’s Park at Murray Park tonight. The Ibrox youngsters secured the win with an excellent middle period where they scored three goals early in that period.

Queen’s Park had an early chance with and attack on the right side of Rangers penalty area but the danger was thwarted when Luke Scullion was quick from his line to block. Rangers replied when Ciaran  Dickson broke forward from right-back before feeding Blair Rossiter who cut inside before unleashing a shot that beat the keeper but crashed back off the crossbar.

Just after the midpoint of the period the visitor’s missed a great chance to take the lead, from a corner from the right their centre-back had a free header but with the goal gaping he headed wide of the back post. A few minutes later a pass inside Euan Deveney created another chance for Queen’s Park on the right side of the box, the shot was powerful with Luke Scullion standing tall to make the block.

With a few minutes of the period remaining Matt Yates cut inform the left, when his progress was halted at the edge of the box the ball broke to Kai Kennedy who’s shot seemed net bound until the Queen’s keeper dived to his left to make a fine save. Rangers had to wait just over five minutes before taking the lead, the ball was played out to Blair Rossiter on the right and when his cross came in Matt Yates fired the ball past the keeper.

The same combination doubled Rangers lead  a couple of minutes later, on the is occasion Blair Rossiter hit the byline on the right and cut the ball back to the edge of the box where Matt Yates found the bottom left hand corner of the net. The third goal soon followed, this time from a set play, Kai Kennedy delivered a corner from the left and Euan Deveney rose to head past the keeper.

Rangers continued to make the running and the next attack came when Kyle McLelland sent Matt Yates down the left and when his cross came into the box Steven Bradley was denied by the keeper. As the end of the period neared Ryan Docherty fed Owen Lake on the right side of the box, he went past a defender before going for goal with the keeper blocking with his legs.

Queen’s Park pulled a goal back with an attack down the right, when the ball came into the box a Rangers defender knocked the ball into his own net while trying to clear. Rangers increased their lead when the Queen’s Park keeper misjudged the bounce of the ball inside the box and it left Lewis Jamieson with a simple tap in.

The visitor’s then reduced the deficit with an attack through the middle the left their player in the clear to continue into the box and shoot past Luke Scullion. Rangers finished the game on the front foot and Ryan Docherty came close on two occasions. His first effort saw the Queen’s keeper turn the ball onto his right and post and was well placed as it rebounded into his arms.  He surpassed that when the ball came in from the right a superbly executed overhead scissors kick had the keeper beaten but was just wide of the right hand post.

Full-Time:- Rangers 4 Queen’s Park 2

Rangers Squad:- Luke Scullion (Gk), Ciaran Dickson, Euan Deveney, Kyle McLelland, Josh Henderson, Reece Armstrong, Matt Yates, Kai Kenndy, Jason ?????, Steven Bradley, Blair Rossiter, Callum Biggar, Ryan Docherty, Mason Kelman, Adam Smith, Lewis Jamieson, Owen Lake.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: