Comfortable Win For Under 12’s

Rangers 5 Queen’s Park 0

With the first team season now over it was Rangers Under 12’s that provided the weekend football fix with their game against Queen’s Park at Murray Park this afternoon. An early goal ensured it would be a comfortable win for the young Rangers side who dominated the first two periods with the final period being a bit more even.

Rangers took an early lead on four minutes, Kai Kennedy got to the byline on the right and when he cut the ball back Steven Bradley slammed the ball past the keeper. A further four minutes had passed when Euan Deveney swung in a cross from the left and Steven Bradley rose to head narrowly wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

The visitors threatened a minute later with an attack on the left side of Rangers penalty area, when the ball was knocked past Luke Scullion, Euan Deveney got back to clear. Rangers then doubled their lead on eighteen minutes, Steven Bradley robbed a defender before continuing into the box and slotting past the keeper.

Three minutes later Kai Kennedy came close to netting with a superb effort, an excellent dummy took him away from a defender and when he noticed the keeper slightly of his light he went for goal, his effort beat the keeper but rebound of his left hand post. Queen’s Park replied with a ball over the top of the Rangers defence releasing their attacker on the left side of the box and Luke Scullion got down to save to his left hand side.

Rangers immediately replied by increasing their lead, Ciaran Dickson played the ball forward to Steven Bradley who turned a defender before shooting past the keeper. Five minutes into the second period Reece Armstrong, Matt Yates and Kai Kennedy combined on the right and from the latter’s cross Steven Bradley headed goalwards with the keeper diving to his right to save.

The next goal was only delayed a couple of minutes, from Kai Kennedy’s free-kick from the left Gary Greig rose to head past the keeper. Before the midway point of the period Rangers scored again, Ciaran Dickson’s driven cross from the byline on the left struck the arm of a Queen’s Park defender and the referee rather harshly pointed to the spot, with the Rangers midfielder converting from twelve yards.

Adam Smith then latched on to a poor clearance from the keeper but his shot from the left side of the penalty area was just wide of the far post. The final period was past the halfway mark  before the next clear-cut chance, Blair Rossiter coming in from the left and the Queen’s keeper blocking his effort with his legs.

The Hampden side then created an opening with an attack down the right, when the ball was passed inside Luke Scullion saved the incoming shot. At the other end Matt Yates got on the end of a cross from the left, his header beat the keeper but came back off his left hand post.

With three minutes remaining Queen’s Park came close to grabbing that consolation goal, from at attack through the centre the shot beat Luke Scullion but the ball crashed of the crossbar. Rangers had the final effort when Ryan Docherty volleyed a bouncing ball from distance which the Queen’s keeper did well to turn wide of his left hand post.

Full-Time:- Rangers 5 Queen’s Park 0

Rangers Squad:- Luke Scullion (Gk), Kyle McClelland, Josh Henderson, Gary Greig, Euan Deveney, Ciaran Dickson, Reece Armstrong, Kai Kennedy, Matt Yates, Steven Bradley, Blair Rossiter, Ryan Docherty, Callum Biggar, Adam Smith, Owen Luke.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: