Comfortable Win For Youths

Falkirk 0 Rangers 4

Rangers Under 20’s recorded a comfortable win at Falkirk tonight and now a draw would be sufficient in Tuesday’s game against Celtic at Lennoxtown to clinch the league title. Unfortunately like anyone else I won’t be allowed to attend, this is an example of what Scottish football has become, would this happen anywhere else. Should they lose on Tuesday Celtic would then have an opportunity to pip them to the title if the beat Dundee United on the Thursday.

Rangers came close after eight minutes, Darren Ramsay’s corner from the right was headed on by Craig Halkett and home keeper Michael Fairbanks just managed to keep out Callum Gallagher’s close range header. The opening goal was only delayed a further four minutes, Darren Ramsay had possession just left of centre on the edge of the Falkirk box, he passed inside to Robbie Crawford who’s shot found the bottom corner low to Michael Fairbanks left.

The home side really should have equalised on twenty minutes, Ryan Blair’s dangerous free-kick from wide on the right found an unmarked Cameron Eadie on the edge of the six yard box right in front of goal but he headed into the ground and the ball bounced over Liam Kelly’s crossbar. Just after the half hour Robbie McNab collected a pass from the left and tested Liam Kelly from just outside the box, with the Rangers keeper saving low to his left.

Rangers responded to the brief spell of Falkirk pressure by increasing their lead a few minutes later, a slip in the Falkirk defence ten yards inside their own half allowed Danny Stoney to race clear on the right and continue into the box before slamming the ball past Michael Fairbanks. Ryan Sinnamon then played the ball forward to Darren Ramsay on the left, he cut inside past Liam Rowan before shooting from distance that Michael Fairbanks saved comfortably.

Seven minutes before the break Rangers grabbed a third, Charlie Telfer picked up a loose ball before taking a few steps forward towards the edge of the box and finding the net via Michael Fairbanks right hand post. On the stroke of half time Darren Ramsay stooped to head Charlie Telfer’s low driven corner from the right with Cameron Eadie popping up to head from the line.

Half-Time:-  Falkirk 0 Rangers 3

Rangers were firmly in control and scored again on the hour, Charlie Telfer drove the ball across goal from near the byline on the right and it caught out keeper Michael Fairbanks who diverted the ball into the net. As the game neared the final quarter-hour Robbie Crawford passed to Darren Ramsay on the left edge of the box with Michael Fairbanks dealing with his shot competently.

The home side had a chance to net a consolation goal with five minutes remaining, Paul Nash created the chance on the left and when his ball came into the edge of the six yard box Liam Kelly denied Botti Bia Bi with a superb save low to his right.

Full-Time:- Falkirk 0 Rangers 4

Falkirk:- Michael Fairbanks; Liam Rowan (Grant Hamilton 67mins), Conor Greene, Cameron Eadie (Kyle Johnstone 75mins), Mark Finlayson; Connor Hogg, Robbie McNab, Ryan Blair, Cameron Blues (Paul Nash 58mins);Kevin O’Hara, Botti Bia Bi.

Not Used:- Graham Bowman(Gk), Conor Langton

Rangers:- Liam Kelly; Greg Pascazio, Craig Halkett, Luca Gasparotto (Kris Gibson 40mins), Ryan Sinnamon; Robbie Crawford, Charlie Telfer (Jamie Burrows 67mins), Andy Murdoch, Danny Stoney; Darren Ramsay; Callum Gallagher (Dylan Dykes 58mins).

Not Used:- Robbie McCrorie (Gk), Scott Roberts, Ryan Finnie.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: