17’s Snatch Late Draw

Rangers 2 Hibernian 2

Rangers Under 17’s scored twice in the last seven minutes to snatch a late draw with Hibernian at Murray Park tonight. Rangers were the first to threaten on seven minutes, good work from Ross Lyon coming in from the right created the chance for the Trialist No.9 on the right side of the box which the Hibs keeper saved comfortably.

The visitors replied four minutes later with an attack on the right and it was foiled by a superb Michael Mossie block that deflected the shot over. Midway through the half only a brilliant save prevented Rangers taking the lead, Jordan Hamill broke forward before playing the Trialist No.9 through the inside right channel, his shot looked destined for the net until the keeper dived to his right to touch the ball on to post.

Eight minutes before the break Andy McKinnon and Junior Ogen combined to setup a shooting chance for the former but his effort was wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

Half-Time:- Rangers 0 Hibernian 0

The visitor’s took the lead twelve minutes into the second period, the attack was built on the right and when the shot came in from the right side of the box it appeared to sneak under the body of the diving Robbie McCrorie. Rangers had a great chance to draw level two minutes later, Junior Ogen was through on a Robbie McCrorie clearance but the Hibs keeper advanced from his line to block.

When Junior Ogen found himself in possession on the right following the corner his cross into the box eventually fell for David Brownlie on the edge of the six yard box but he couldn’t force the ball past the keeper. Hibs missed a chance on sixty-five minutes, with the Rangers defence expecting a shot from a free-kick at the edge of the box, the ball was passed to the left side of the penalty area and the driven cross flashed across goal with no takers.

With fifteen minutes remaining Junior Ogen chased a long ball on the left, he looked up and found Kyle Clark on the edge of the box and he brought out a fine save from the keeper low to his right. The visitor’s capitalised by increasing their lead three minutes later, some good play on the right hand byline created the space for the cross which was converted with a simple close range header.

With eight minutes on the clock a Hibs attack on the left  ended when the cutback was fired just wide of Robbie McCrorie’s right hand post. A minute later Rangers grabbed a lifeline, Junior Ogen attacked on the right and when his cross was cleared to the edge of the box the Trialist No.9 shot high past the keeper.

As the game entered the final three minutes a suberb Ross McCrorie cross seemed certain to be converted at the back post by Chris McDonald until he was pushed for a clear penalty, Junior Ogen stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way from the spot. There was still time for Jordan Hammill to test the keeper with a long range shot and deep into injury time Andy McKinnon’s shot from the left side of the box was across goal and wide of the far post.

Full-Time:- Rangers 2 Hibernian 2

Rangers:- Robbie McCrorie; Scott Whiteside, Michael Mossie, David Brownlie; Ross Lyon (Andy McKinnon 78mins), Junior Ogen, Jordan Hammill, Max Ashmore (Ross McCrorie 60mins), Sam Liddington (Chris McDonald HT); Triailist No.9, Andy McKinnon (Kyle Clark HT).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: