17’s Win “Away” At Murray Park

Partick Thistle 0 Rangers 4


Rangers U17’s were in the unusual situation tonight playing “away” at Murray Park. Partick Thistle opted to switch their home game to Rangers training ground for tonight’s Glasgow Cup game, Rangers won their home tie at Murray Park 2-1 earlier in the season.

It was the “home” side who threatened first after five minutes when a great turn and shot from their centre forward brought a fine save from Liam Kelly low at his right hand post. Three minutes later Rangers missed a great chance at the other end, Scott Roberts corner from the right fell kindly for David Brownlie on the six yard line but his shot was just too high.

Rangers came closer still on twelve minutes Scott Roberts broke forward and exchanged passes with Junior Ogen before sending a shot crashing off the bar from the edge of the box with Junior Ogen knocking the rebound wide of the keeper’s left hand post. Good play from Danny Stoney setup up Gloady Ntumba on the right side of the box with the Thistle keeper parrying his shot from a narrow angle.

Just after the midpoint of the half Rangers took the lead, Gloady Ntumba was heading towards the box, when he was challenged the ball broke to Dylan Dykes who fired past the keeper from twenty-five yards. Ten minutes later Dylan Dykes fed Gloady Ntumba on the right side of the box with the keeper saving low to his right.

The keeper them produced a better save a minute later, diving to his right to turn Ryan Sinnamon’s effort wide after he broke forward from full-back. Scott Roberts took the resultant corner and Greg Pascazio’s header was netbound until it was cleared from the line. Four minutes before the break Junior Ogen played the ball to Dylan Dykes inside the box and his flick left Gloady Ntumba in the clear but he shot wide of the left hand post.

Half-Time:- Partick Thistle 0 Rangers 1

Rangers increased their lead six minutes into the second half, Junior Ogen robbing the Thistle defender as he tried to shepherd the ball over the byline on the right, he made a better angle for the shot that beat the keeper. The next chance came when Danny Stoney passed from the right inside to Dylan Dykes who moved the ball onto Gloady Ntumba with the keeper saving bravely at the striker’s feet.

As the midway point of the half approached a Danny Stoney solo effort netted Rangers third, drifting past two defenders he beat the keeper with a fine shot from the edge of the box. With just over quarter of an hour on the clock the Thistle keeper dived to his right to deny Ryan Sinnamon’s superb curling shot turning it wide of the post. The goal was only delayed, with the Thistle defence struggling to clear the corner Ryan Hardie volleyed home from around eight yards.

Full-Time:- Partick Thistle 0 Rangers 4

Rangers:- Liam Kelly; Ryan Sinnamon, David Brownlie, Greg Pascazio, Jamie Mills; Scott Roberts, Dylan Dykes, Junior Ogen (Ryan Hardie 66mins), Tom Walsh (Michael Mossie 56mins), Danny Stoney (Adam Wilson 71mins); Gloady Ntumba.

Not Used:- Robbie McCrorie (Gk), Lewis Morgan, Andy McKinnon


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: