15’s Lose To Hibs

Rangers 1 Hibernian 2

This week’s football fix saw me at Murray Park today watching Rangers under 15’s take on Hibs. Rangers got off to a great start when they scored from the spot after seven minutes. When a corner came in from the left the referee spotted a tug inside the box and awarded a rather soft penalty which Max Ashmore duly converted.

A few minutes later Rangers worked a short corner on the right and Josh Jeffries cross come shot found its way to Ross McCrorie at the back post but shot flashed a cross goal and wide. Rangers continued to press and Jamie Brandon attacked on the right side of the box going past a defender before forcing a save from the Hibs keeper with Cammy Price hitting the post with the rebound from close range.

Midway through the half the visitors equalised with a bizarre goal, when Ross McCrorie’s attempted clearance was blocked  the ball rebounded towards Rangers goal and into the net. Five minutes later Hibs took the lead, from a free kick just outside the box on the right around ten yards from the byline, keeper Robbie McCrorie was deceived by the shot and the ball sneaked in at the near post.

Just after the half-hour John Cunningham’s pass sent Reece Duncan into the box, under pressure from a defender he knocked the ball past the keeper but a defender appeared to clear from the line. Five minutes before the break Josh Jeffries sent in a cross from the right and Lewis White’s effort was deflected wide.

Half-Time:- Rangers 1 Hibernian 2

The early part of the second half saw little in the way of goalmouth action and we were past the halfway mark when Hibs created a chance through the middle with the shot going wide of Robbie McCrorie’s right hand post. A minute later the Rangers keeper made a fine save diving high to his left to clutch the ball following a volley from the left side of the box.

Yet another chance was created down the Hibs right and when the low cross came into the box Robbie McCrorie made a point-blank save to deny Hibs a third. As the game entered the final ten minutes some good play from Gary McGriesh took him past two defenders before passing inside to Ross Lyon, the Hibs keeper fumbled his shot but got a bit of luck as the ball bounced back into his hands off the cross-bar.

Hibs had a late chance from a free-kick right on the edge of the box which was blocked by the Rangers wall. There was just enough time for Rangers to have a final effort at goal, John Cunningham’s twenty-five yarder drifting  just wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

Full-Time:- Rangers 1 Hibernian 2

Rangers Squad:- Robbie McCrorie, Ross Lyon, Lewis White, Ross McCrorie, Jason Krones, Max Ashmore, Cammy Price, Jamie Brandon, John Cunningham, Josh Jeffries, Reece Duncan, Scott ?????, Gary McGreish, Jack Gilmour, Reagan Milne.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: