17’s Overcome Dutch Visitors

Rangers 3 ADO Den Haag 1

Rangers under 17’s had a comfortable win over their counterparts from Dutch Eredivisie side ADO Den Haag at Murray Park this afternoon. It was a good performance from the Ibrox youngsters and with a bit of luck and better finishing the result could have been more emphatic.

It took the home side only five minutes to open the scoring, when the Den Haag defence cleared a corner to the edge of the box Charlie Telfer sent a dipping volley into the top right hand corner of the net giving the keeper no chance. Rangers should really have doubled their lead eight minutes later, a great run down  the left took Jamie Mills to the byline and when his cross into the box landed at the feet of Danny Stoney a goal seemed certain but the Rangers striker knocked the ball just wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

We only had to wait sixty seconds to see the home side double their lead, Craig Halkett headed Tom Walsh’s corner from the right towards the goal where it was blocked by a Den Haag defender, but straight to Jamie Burrows who fired past the keeper from around the penalty spot. The visitor’s had their first effort on goal after seventeen minutes through the inside left channel and a shot from the edge of the box which was straight at Liam Kelly.

The Rangers keeper then came for and missed a corner from the right with Ryan Sinnamon well placed to clear at the back post. Two minutes later the Dutch side missed a great chance to reduce the deficit, Craig Halkett got caught in possession around thirty-five yards from goal, the striker sent his supporting midfield colleague free inside the box, as we were waited see the ball strike the net he dragged his shot wide of Liam Kelly’s left hand post.

Rangers were soon back on the attack at the other end and a superb Jamie Burrows pass gave Tom Walsh a chance inside the box,under pressure from a defender he didn’t quite get the power required into his shot and the keeper diverted the ball wide of his left hand post. Eight minutes before the break Rangers scored again, Tom Walsh’s wicked delivery from a free – kick on the right was diverted past his keeper by a Den Haag central defender for an Own Goal.

Half-Time:- Rangers 3 ADO Den Haag 0

The visitors were first to threaten after the break, when a corner from the right was cleared to the edge of the box, Liam Kelly dived to his right to parry the resultant shot at goal. Ten minutes of the half had passed and it looked  like Rangers had grabbed a fourth, Danny Stoney was played through and he lobbed the ball over the advancing keeper only see it bounce of the left hand post and clear.

Ten minutes later Danny Stoney passed inside to Charlie Telfer who side-stepped a defender with a neat piece of skill and he was only denied by the outstretched boot of the Den Haag keeper. As the game entered the final quarter of an hour Rangers came close again, Craig Halkett rose to head a free-kick from the right back across goal and Jordan Wilson only just failed to connect at the far post.

The Dutch side grabbed a consolation goal with ten minutes to go from the penalty spot, Jordan Wilson was rather harshly adjudged to fouled on the right hand byline and the subsequent spot kick was duly converted.

Full-Time:- Rangers 3 ADO Den Haag 1

Rangers:- Liam Kelly; Ryan Sinnamon (Robert McLardie 70mins), Craig Halkett, Jordan Wilson, Jamie Mills; Charlie Telfer, Dylan Dykes (Lewis Morgan 75mins), Andy Murdoch (Kjeld McIntyre 63mins), Tom Walsh; Jamie Burrows (Gloady Ntumba 46mins), Danny Stoney (Luke Hammond 73 mins)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: