Under 15’s Play at Ibrox

Rangers 8 Dunfermline Athletic 0

At the end of each season the youth sides usually get a chance to play one of their games at Ibrox, today it was the turn of the under 15’s and they proved too strong for their opponent’s from East End Park.

Rangers took the lead as early as the second minute when Tom Walsh tapped a free-kick to Ryan Sinnamon who’s twenty-five yarder gave the keeper no chance as it found the top corner. The young Gers doubled their lead just before the twenty-minute mark, Dylan Dykes corner from the left was volleyed home from close range by Greg Pascazio.

A minute later the visitor’s keeper was off his line to save from Glaody Ntumba after Dykes pass inside set up the chance. Five minutes before the end of the first thirty minute period Rangers scored again, Dykes won the ball in midfield before sending Danny Stoney clear to beat the keeper.

Two minutes into the second period it took a great clearance from George Gray underneath his own cross bar to prevent a chance for The Pars. On forty minutes Rangers thought they had grabbed a fourth, Stoney picked up a poor clearance and the bell went via Kjeld McIntyre to Scott Roberts on the right, his low cross was turned in by Ntumba but was ruled offside.

Ten minutes later Gray sent Luke Hammond clear on the right and his low cross saw Ntumba’s diving header go just wide. The visitor’s keeper then produced two fine saves before the end of the second period. First McIntyre played in Ntumba on the right, his low cross was  turned goalwards by Stoney, with the keeper diving to his right to save. Then he was at full stretch to tip  a Jamie Mills thirty yarder on to the crossbar.

Rangers then hit Dunfermline with two goals in the opening two minutes of the third period. A great run and low cross come shot from Dykes was turned in by the Andy Biddulph. Then good work on the right by Hammond saw him pass to McIntyre who’s spin took him past the defender to the byline and his low cross setup Ross Kellock to score from close range.

The sixth goal came when Robert McLardie’s ball over the top sent Andy Biddulph clear and his shot from just inside the right hand angle of the box beat the keeper. A massive Liam Kelly clearance went over the Dunfermline defence and Luke Hammond ran on to lob the keeper for the seventh.

The Pars keeper then had a superb double save, first he parried a long-range Ryan Sinnamon effort, and just when Tom Walsh looked certain to score from the rebound he managed to divert the ball wide. Scoring was complete in the final minute, Sinnamon sent Andy Biddulph clear, the keeper came off his line to make a fine save but the ball fell for Danny Stoney too shoot home.

Rangers Squad:- ????? Marron (GK), Liam Kelly (GK), George Gray, Ryan Sinnamon, Robert McLardie, Greg Pascazio, Lewis Martin, Scott Roberts, Tom Walsh, Gloady Ntumba, Dylan Dykes, Danny Stoney, Ross Kellock, Kjeld McIntyre, Luke Hammond, Jamie Mills, Andy Biddulph.

Dunfermline Squad:- Dunnett (GK), McPherson (GK), Cook, Reece Parker, Graham, Johnston, Dickson, Ryan Williamson, Scott Gray, Owen Tighe, Cowie, Helm, Moffatt, Lewis Spence, Sean Burton.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: