Glasgow Cup Win For 17’s

Clyde 0 Rangers 2

Alan Kernaghan’s Under 17’s overcame a stubborn Clyde side at a cold Broadwood  Stadium tonight. Rangers took an early lead after only three minutes, Darren Ramsay’s corner from the right saw Stuart Urquhart challenge home keeper Liam Cameron and when the ball broke up in the air the Trialist No.9 headed it over the line despite the Clyde defence’s best efforts.

On ten minutes Ramsay sent the same player down the right and he went past a defender before his cross found its way to Robbie McIntyre at the back post and Craig Rodger made a great challenge to block his shot. Three minutes later and Gregor Fotheringham’s pass saw the Trialist No.9 go past keeper Cameron but from a narrow angle his shot went across goal and wide.

On the half-hour mark an Andy Murdoch cross from the right was knocked into the air by Matty Clarke and Robbie McIntyre’s volley was only just wide.  A minute later and the Trialist No.9 charged down Cameron’s clearance and the ball looked to be heading for the net, but was just to high and landed on the top of the net.

Clyde then created their first opening when Grant Dickie laid the ball back in to the path of full-back Scott Brown, his cross was headed goalwards by Dean Malloy which Sam George saved comfortably.  Seven minutes before the break a long ball from Craig Rodger was won at the edge of the Rangers box by Daniel Kinlon but he shot tamely past.

Half-Time:- Clyde 0 Rangers 1

Five minutes after the break it took a fine Same George save to prevent the equalizer. Jack Atwood’s cross was missed by the Rangers defence and Kinlon ‘s header was clawed away by the Rangers keeper. At the other end substitute Mark Taylor won the ball at the edge of the box and burst forward, his effort from the byline going across the face of goal.

On the hour mark a strong run from Fotheringham saw him release George Scott on the left and his low cross brough out a fine save from Cameron in the Clyde goal. A minute later and great interplay involving Ramsay, Dyer and Scott created a chance for Ramsay that Cameron tipped over.

With twenty minutes left on the clock a great Lewis McLeod pass inside the full-back released Mark Taylor, Cameron blocking his effort from a narrow angle when a cut back may have been the better option. Five minutes later and Scott’s good work on the left setup a chance for Ramsay but he shot straight at keeper Cameron.

Rangers then made the game safe with ten minutes to go, a cross from the right broke to Marc Dyer at the edge of the box and his shot sneaked in at Cameron’s left hand post. Rangers then had a chance to add a third, which would have been harsh on the home side, when Dyer broke into the box he was brought down by Aaron Kane for a penalty. Gregor Fotheringham’s spot-kick rebounding off the keeper’s left hand post and clear.

Full-Time:- Clyde 0 Rangers 2

Clyde:- Liam Cameron;  Scott Brown, Craig Rodger, Stephen Sideserf ( ???? McCafferty 83mins), Gerard Traynor; Jack Attwood, Daniel Kinlon, Aaron Kane, Dean Malloy, Dillon Duddy (Daniel Hendry 67mins); Grant Dickie (Andrew Quail 60mins)

Not Used:- Calum Easton(GK), Connor Jamieson, Euan Rawlings, Connor Paton

Rangers:- Sam George; Andy Murdoch, Jordan Wilson, Stuart Urquhart, Trialist No.3 (George Scott 46mins); Darren Ramsay, Lewis McLeod, Gregor Fotheringham, Ronnie McIntyre; Matty Clarke (Mark Taylor 52mins), Trialist No.9 (Marc Dyler 46mins)

Not Used:- Connor Shaw (GK), Scott Rumsby, Lee Cochrane, Callum Wyllie




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: